Mwahaa! We made our KICKSTARTER goal! And now the fun begins! (Actually it had already began a while ago but saying that just made it sound snappy)
So here’s where the magic happens!
And this is what we’re doing!
First, we print off a mock-up copy of the book and stick it in a binder. Then Greg goes through it and marks as many errors as he can find. The letter “I” has been a REALLY common one- the font has a serif for a capital I and no serif for lower-case. There’s a LOT of serifs in the wrong places :(
He marks all the errors in the book, and sends it back to me, and I go and put in all my corrections. We’ll be going back and forth like this ‘til Greg can’t find any errors.
Then on Tuesday we’re gonna give the mock-up of the book to our copy editor. She’s gonna find all the errors that Greg and I miss!
(We’ve gone through three toner cartridges already) D:
Next! While the book’s away getting the copy-editing done, I’ll be doing all the art updates. Basically I’m cleaning up all the faces, all the blurry bits that my old scanner had in some spots, fixing the disappearing-reappearing crowbar that Milo had, and that kinda thing. Here’s a shot of one of the pages (I made a gif of it but it was 3 megs, and you probably don’t wanna download it, but if you do, it’s here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Ashwings/TZH/page_137_Beforeafter.gif )
I fixed all the closed-mouth talky bits and Katie’s weird extra-long neck. But this image isn’t final, ‘cause the copy editing isn’t done in it yet XD
Once the kickstarter period is over, I’m gonna ask all my redshirts and my survivor for their pictures, so I can put them into the bonus arc :D (Right now I have stick figures! They are badass.)
That’s all I’ve got right now. You guys are so awesome! We made it with a week to spare! Now let’s see if we can get the hardcover editions! :)